Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xfr answrd bridged call to voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelleye

Technical User
Sep 17, 2003
US
Scenario: Admin answers executive's phone line via a bridged line (it's an internal call). She transfers the call to his voicemail. Executive checks voicemail later and wants to reply to the voicemail by pressing 1, but the voicemail header indicates the call came from him.

In short, how can an internal call that has been transferred into a voicemail box from a bridge extention idicate who actually called? Please note - high maintenance executive refuses to look up extensions of people who call him & insists on answering voicemail through voicemail.

I have a Prologics v7 and Intuity Voicemail system. No VDN/Vector abilities.

There's a couple of ways to transfer a call directly to voicemail. I have not tested, but it's possible one of these will make the header show the original caller.

Here's the thread: thread690-649386

Hi John - Thanks so much for responding, but the problem is not how to transfer directly to voicemail - it's how the admin can transfer a call to the executive's voicemail (after she's answered his line from the bridge) and the voicemail header indicate who the call came from (applies to internal calls only). Clear as mud?

John may have something. How is she going about doing the transfer? If your not doing it already, maybe you need to set up an express messaging mailbox.

Paul Beddows
Avaya Implementation
Telus
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail via

Thanks Paul, but I must not be explaining my problem right. When the admin answers the Exec's phone, and transfers it to his voice mail, the voicemail header states the call came from the EXEC - not from the actual in-house caller. I'm beginning to think the only way around this is for the admin to tell the caller to call back and she won't answer it or for the caller to call the direct to voicemail line personally.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "express message" box.

~Shelley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back