Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xerox Printer Workcenter7225i - ADF Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelw2311

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2019
MU
i have a Xerox Workcenter 7225i, the problem is as follows.

Whenever i place a document\documents sheet in the ADF , the printer automatically display a message .Something like, asking me to choose the flatbed or the adf to continue.

If i remove the sheet, automatically the message disappear .. so i reckon that the paper sensor in the ADF is working...but still why does the printer ask me to choose the flatbed or the ADF if in the first place the printer is aware that there are document in its ADF.

is it a configuration error or is it something wrong with the ADF

Your help would be most appreciated.

I'm not familiar with your unit at all, but consider that you could load the adf with document(s), but you may decide first to print another sheet from the glass. When you load the adf it is ambiguous to the copier where to pick from first, thus the query. I would assume that once you pick the adf it would pull from there until empty and not query on every sheet. It is probably the designed behavior.

Jim Asman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back