Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xerox DocuPrint N4025 drivers & Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfPC

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2002
US
Here is what I have:
Win TS 4 w/ MF 1.8 and a Xerox DocuPrint N4025. It has been working for 15 months with no troubles, but now I had to start pulling my hair out. It is installed as a local printer on the server to an LPR port.
The driver I want to use is a generic PS driver that Xerox suggests and everything prints perfectly to it, but only for Administrators.
For regular users, the only drivers they can use is a PCL driver that throws columns out of whack in our tax software. If a user tries to print a test page with the PS driver, they get the following message: "Test page failed to print. Would you like to view the print trouble shooter for assistance? Access is denied."
I thought I had gone over everything as far as setting permissions and all, but can't figure it out. As a last straw, I gave Domain Users "Full Access" to the wtsrv\system32\spool folder and subfolders.

The printer is out of warranty and I paid to get support from Xerox and ended up teaching the engineer a couple of things, and I am not an MCSE or close (I am a CCA atleast).
I know this is probably going to be somethign simple, but I am just exhausted and this is only the beginning of many posts I will be putting up. This site is the best I have come across in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back