Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xerox C11 on W2k?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibbet

MIS
Jan 8, 2002
NL
Just bought 7 Xerox C11 printers, that have to be run under W2k. The drivers provided were only for w3.1 (are there people out there running that still?), NT4.0 but no W2k. So I turned to Internet, downloaded the driver (note that even the NT4.0 drivers are ment for w2k according to Xerox...). Running the driver gave a note that the firmware of the rpinter should be upgraded first. Tried that, but the software gave some strange garbled messages about not being able to install correctly due to the fact that I don't have administrator rights (but I do!) ór that certain files couldn't be found...Tried all different kind of tricks, but nothing worked sofar. Question: could this be a simple cable problem (ie. the cable isn't IEEE1284 but a simple cable in an expensive box)?
If you have a C11 runign on W2k, could you explain which driver you ran (and if it is the one from Xerox, how on earth did you open the instructions; I could get the ftp-site opened!)

thanks in advance from Rotterdam,

Thor2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back