Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xerox 8570 - Use of Starter kit / Rainbow kit once you've hit the 3 times starter kit usage limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnance54

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2014
US
thread723-1703476

I used the above thread to follow the instructions to use the paper strip.

Used the 1/4" paper strip (I used card stock) to block the "C" sensor in the ink loading slot on my Xerox 8570. The solenoid activated and lowered the "gate" that was keeping me from adding starter ink after my previous 3 starter kit additions. While holding the paper in place (it took some practice) with my right hand, I was able to use my left hand to insert the ink cube and slide it on down the slot. No cutting, no heating of wires, no mess!

I just ordered two more boxes of the rainbow starter kits for $118 and free shipping!

Thanks for the info!

The market price for 8570 starter kit ink is climbing, probably due to the various work arounds (the paper strip override I described at the end of this thread, remolded ink, and the electronics override kit) that are now available.

I just bought an 8870 ink loader to put into my 8570 printer to be able to load the larger (and much cheaper) non-metered 8870 ink sticks into my printer. I am hopeful that this new loader and a replacement Configuration Card will make my printer think it's an 8870.

Does anyone have any experience with an 8570 to 8870 upgrade? I described this last year at the end of the same thread mentioned above. Thanks!

The ink loader arrived but the vendor shipped the wrong configuration card. Needless to say, this combo did not work.

A quick bump while e wait for the replacement configuration card ... has anyone else tried this 8570 to 8870 conversion?

I am planning on resetting the NVRAM back to factory defaults in case the printer still thinks it's an 8570 after the swap over.

Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back