Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xerox 7700 - Supplies Info does not reset for belt cleaner, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalkerzonedog

Technical User
Sep 11, 2007
US
I am swapping used maintenance items into 2 phasers which have items which need to be replaced soon.

Supplies information does not reset when swapping out transfer roller, accumulator belt, belt cleaner assembly. For both xerox 7700 printers, the information (install date, percent remaining) remains that of the removed item DESPITE:

cycle power.
enter supplies menu as per manual and tell it to RESET the value.
NVRAM postscript reset.
tried swapping units with power off as well as power on.

the problem persists on both printers identically.

any ideas here? seems truly odd to me.

anything helps, much appreciated.

-stalkerzonedog

as odd as it seems, while yesterday i spent hours trying to get these values to reset, today the reset worked without a problem.
could there be a duration requirement?
i have read other posts explaining that other errors or a connection to a network can prevent the reset, but neither was the case here, so there is no explanation.

ironically, however, while earlier a fuser replacement always showed the actual life of a particular fuser, now THAT information is staying the same.

can't decide whether i admire or despise the complexity of these machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back