Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xerox 6204/pdf printing help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwrrpdc

MIS
Sep 18, 2002
US
I have a small group of civil engineers that I support, and they have a wide format xerox printer that they print pdf files to. One user prints the file, and you can watch it grow to about 100mb, while its spooling to the printer then it prints fine. The person right beside them has basically the same hardware/software setup (xw4300 & XP sp3), and when she prints, Adobe reader goes to not responding while the file grows, but at a much slower rate, so it can take 1/2 hr to print a file, that prints within minutes on the other machine. Any ideas...I'm startin to pull my hair out...

for starters:

do both users have the same version of adobe reader?
do both users have the same printer drivers?

if yes to both the above, can you removed then reinstalled adobe reader on the slow pc?

sam

The driver is on a server...(network printer), and both have V9 of the reader...I have removed and reinstalled already...BTW adobe is the only thing that hangs during this printing process...

The person right beside them has basically the same hardware/software setup

are there any basic differences like processor speed or memory amount?

did both pc's get their drivers from the server or could the slow pc have gotten its drivers from another place, like microsoft?

basically there is (most likely), a difference between the two pc's and you need to compare everything till you find it.
sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back