Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

x750e : NAT & Logging & AD Authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhurst925

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2006
US
I know that is a lot of issues in the title, but if anyone can help on any part i would greatly appreciate it. I've got a new x750e that i have about halfway working. It allows the external, internal and Optional(DMZ) to access the net, but here is where i get stuck. We currently have another firewall running to support current operations, while the new one is configured.

NAT:
We have 2 servers that sit in the DMZ(Optional interface), web and front end exchange. We purchased a new webserver so i am using that to test on the new firewall. I can access the ftp and http sites from inside the network without issue. However when i setup a static nat to the new webserver it will not connect, 209.xxx.xxx.240 -> 200.xxx.xxx.240. Traffic logs show "No Route", when I NAT the private address to a new public that is in our subnet. However I know that there is a route between the Optional interface and the T1 Router Gateway. Im really lost on this, any ideas. By the way when i create this NAT I lose internet connection, but local is still available.

Logging:
This issue is I cannot get the logging server to see the firebox. Is there a trick or steps that i am missing from the watchguard site or manual?

AD Authentication:
I have set up the Single Sign On agent, setup the primary and backup server addresses, and i think the search string is correct. Our internet users are part of an old NT4 group called internet, so the search Base looks like "OU=Support OU, UN=Internet, DC=XXX, DC=company_name, dc=com" If you need a little more detail let me know and I will see what i can do.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back