Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

x700 reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

nat325i

MIS
Mar 28, 2003
I'm starting a new job on Monday, replacing a curren IT guy. They're using a x700 firewall. Can someone tell me what the default user ID and password are, and also what the reset procedure is? I'm hoping I won't have to reset it, but I want to be prepared.

Thanks

hi
there is any configuaration mismatch or u want to just reset it. for reset cold boot ur fb and press upper button then system boot in sysb mode password is wg default ip is 192.168.253.1 and ur pc ip is range between 192.168.253.1.to 192.168.253.255

Firebox 700 locking up and needing a hard reboot about once a week or so. Anyone having similar problem. Currently rebooting with remote power switch. This just started after a server failure and installed new server.

Fire box locks up caz of one of these

1. Excessive use of proxies in the firebox. Proxies put more load on the firebox as compared to filters, excessive load *may* cause firebox lockups.
Resolution - There is no specific limit to the number of proxies but it is recommended to avoid their unnecessary use. For ex. it is always recommended to use an SMTP proxy to check the Incoming traffic and an SMTP filter for Outgoing. If Outgoing SMTP traffic from the network is high, proxying the same will put a lot of load on the firebox.

2. Any layer 2 devices like hubs or switches behind the firebox which are prone to network loops and might cause the firebox to lockup.
Resolution - This is one of the prominent reasons for lockups. The only way to check for the same is to bypass the switch and attach a single computer on the trusted interface of the firebox which would be possible only in off-hours.

3. Any Virus infected peers behind the firebox which could be generating excessive traffic and occupying memory.
Resolution - Can be identified by watching the traffic monitor or running a latest virus update on the network.

4. Proxy Memory allocation - To see what is FB memor
y utilization (global and per process) you can take look at the StatusReport tab in the Firebox System Manager.
Resolution - Can be identified through Status Report.

5. SYN Flood protection setting Enabled
Resolution - If you are using this option, disable it for the time being. SYN Flood protection setting is located in the Policy Manager -> Setup -> Intrusion Prevention -> Default Packet Handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back