Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

x500 Acting weird 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maugwa

MIS
May 10, 2006
US
My email keeps piling up in the queue to send out, getting semaphore timeout errors. Well I was thinking that the problem was with my mail server, but then I tried pinging the receipent mail, got nothing. So for the heck of it, I went into the firebox and saved the configuration file and nothing else. The mail started going through and I was able to ping other addresses as well. Well now I have to do this every other hour to make sure that the mail goes out.

Any idea on why the firebox would act this way? I can supply more info if needed.

Thanks,

looks like some ip addresses of the mail servers are getting into the autoblock list which gets resolved when save the config to the box and it starts with the new blank list again.

1)What is your NAT setup for mails i.e. is it static or 1-1 nat?
2)Have you unchecked the box of autoblock source of packets not handled in setup>>intrusion prevention>>default packet handling
3)What kind of logs do you see when this happens in the traffic monitor?

Regards
Pankaj

That was the problem, thanks for your help Pankaj.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back