Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

X3650, problem detecting Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

skfm

Technical User
May 2, 2003
MY
Hi, need your hrlp urgently. Recently bought a X3650, run through with the IBM ServeGuide, everything when well including the Serveraid manager. Set up the drive for raid 1. All drive is accouted for, but when it come to creating and partitioning for NOS, it says that no hard drive detected. Reload again with Serveraid Manager cd without using the serve guide, identify the physical drive, it's OK. Drive is installed otherwise how could I get raid 1.

Anyway I am using ServerRaid 8k-l controller, any help will be appreciated.By the way the controller came along with the server.

Thanks
Lawrence

Your issue is not with ServerRAID but with your OS installation. If you are using ServerGUIDE to install the OS, then it should have no issues (unless the OS is not supported by ServerGUIDE). If you are installing manually you need to specify the correct driver during the OS install

Thanks itsp1965, I have actually contacted the IBM personal, it must have been the bios and firmware. I have updated it and it starts perfectly well. Anyway, thanks for your help.

Lawrence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back