Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

X235 reads bootable but no Linux installable cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoviceOnThis

Programmer
Apr 5, 2010
NL
Hi,
I've bought myself an IBM X235 to setup as a Linux DB2 server.
I have configured the RIAD with the bootable Raid Support CD.
However, when I put in a SUSE Linux CD it reads it a bit and then stops. (The SUSE CD will install Linux on any other PC)
The screen remains black with a cursor blinking. No keyboard entry is accepted however.
The only CD's it accepts seems to be the bootable Raid support CD and a Knoppix bootable Linux CD. However, if I tell Knoppix to install itself it installs something but fails to correctly reboot (hangs).
Does anyone have any idea as to what I could do to get this machine going? FYI all hardware test are OK.
Thank you for any tip you could share!
For now I am baffled.

It's possible that your SuSE CD doesn't include the appropriate IBM RAID driver to allow you to continue. Go to the IBM support site for your model and download the appropriate driver. You will need to "tell" linux where the driver resides once you initially go into the boot: prompt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back