Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

X Univ Trk Card not Dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

pointedout

Technical User
Apr 6, 2010
PK
I have Trunk Card X Univ Trk. It has been configured with the setting given below. I can have the tone but it's not dialing any number. I can hear nothing but the silence after dialing. What can be the issue?

Given is the prt of root and TN:

LD 20:
REQ: prt

TYPE: cot

TN 8 0 10

CUST

DATE

PAGE

DES TRUNK1

TN 008 0 10 00 VIRTUAL

TYPE COT

CDEN 8D

CUST 0

XTRK EXUT

FWTM NO

TIMP 600

BIMP 3COM

AUTO_BIMP NO

TRK ANLG

NCOS 0

RTMB 100 1

NITE

SIGL LOP

SUPN NO

AST NO

IAPG 0

SEIZ NO

CLS UNR DTN CND ECD WTA LPR APN THFD CLID SPCD

P10 NTC

TKID

AACR NO

DATE 10 MAY 2010

LD 21:
REQ: prt

TYPE: rdb

CUST 0

ROUT 11*

ROUT 100

TYPE RDB

CUST 00

ROUT 100

DES TRUNK

TKTP COT

NPID_TBL_NUM 0

PRIV NO

RPA NO

SAT NO

RCLS EXT

VTRK NO

NODE

DTRK NO

ISDN NO

PTYP ACO

AUTO NO

ICOG IAO

RANX NO

SRCH LIN

TRMB YES

STEP

ACOD 2917

TARG

CLEN 1

BILN NO

OABS

TIMR ICF 512

OGF 512

EOD 13952

DSI 34944

NRD 10112

DDL 70

OOD 3

ODT 4096

RGV 640

FLH 510

GTO 896

GTI 896

ARP 3

SFB 3

CRD 512

IENB 5

TFD 0

LEXT 100

VGD 6

SST 3 0

DTD NO

SCDT NO

2 DT NO

NEDC ETH

FEDC ORG

CPDC NO

SPCT IMM

HOLD 02 02 40

SEIZ 02 02

RGFL 02 02

RVSD 08 31

ILLR 02 02

DDO NO

DRNG NO

CDR YES

INC YES

PAGE 002

LAST YES

QREC YES

OAL YES

AIA YES

OAN YES

OPD YES

NDP EXC 0

CDRX NO

NATL YES

SSL

CFWR NO

IDOP NO

MUS NO

MR NO

PANS YES

MANO NO

EQAR NO

FRL 0 0

FRL 1 0

FRL 2 0

FRL 3 0

FRL 4 0

FRL 5 0

FRL 6 0

FRL 7 0

OHQ NO

OHQT 00

TDET NO

TTBL 0

ATAN NO

OHTD NO

PLEV 2

OPR NO

RCAL NO

MCTS NO

ALRM NO

ART 0

PECL NO

DCTI 0

TIDY 779 100

SGRP 0

ARDN NO

AACR NO

Any advice?

is the trunk cross-connected to the local phone company's
demarc?if so is there dial tone at demarc is the trunk
being provided by your local phone company loop start or
ground start?

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

I am not sure. Plz tell me how to go ahead with both options? I mean what will be the possible solutions if the trunks is loop start or ground start?

it is programmed as loop start - so follow the crossconnect to DMarc, pull you crossconnect off and put on a butset and test - if no dialtone or get tone but still can not dial call you carrier. (if no dialtone might try applying a ground to ring side an see if you get then - if so this is a ground start and you need to reprogram your TN as GRD)

If ok there then reconnect crossconnect and test again

If still a problem - programm on a different TN - different card if available and try again.

I tried crossconnecting a simple analog set directly to the MDF. It gives the dialtone and dials the number as well. Tried changing TN as well, nothing happened. Can it be the card fault? Any other check remaining?

could be a card fault - do you have another UTRK card to try it on?

Tried another XUT on 2 different slots. Nothing worked. Getting the tone, but not dialing.

Any guidance plz?

Yes, Find a vendor to come out and give you a hand with this system. You need some instruction on what you are doing, before you damage anything. If you don't want to do that, download Nortel Documents and start reading.

Sorry to be so frank, but your last post was on this same issue, with over 40 reply's, and it seems you still haven't resolved connecting ONE trunk.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

Doc,

I have not a single post with 40 replies, trust me. I have tried Nortel documents, tried to read the old captures, tried reversing polarity, card slot, TN. I still doubt on my configuration and that is why I am asking you guys. There are some issues and thats why I can't call Vendor right now. Kindly anticipate as usual.

I'm at a loss but you might want to try a couple other things.

Use a analog set to dial out and test.
Do you have any other Copper trunks that are working?
How about station to station - get DTMF?
When you connected phone directly to trunk - did it connected when dialed? was phone DTMF or Pulse?

I have tried to loop back my Analog Ext as well to Trunk Card. Same thing. Analog set directly to trunk works perfect, and its on DTMF.

Your trunk card is configured for loop-start and digitone. You need to confirm that your trunk from the central office is configured the same way. If not, then adjust the programming of your trunk card.

Assuming the trunk card is programmed correctly, cross connect the trunk card to an analog card. From a different phone, dial the DN of the analog phone and see if the incoming trunk "rings". From that same phone, dial the Access code of the trunk (which should then appear as the analog phone going offhook) and try to dial an extension. This combination will tell whether or not your trunk card is good.

Just hit the spot. In CLS of Trunk TN, it was DTN (Digitone). I just changed it to DIP and things started working. I don't know why nobody though about that.

Problem resolved. Thanks for your kind anticipation.

Are you skipping a pair between cross connects. On the trunk card you only use every other pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back