Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

X file editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyjdavis

Programmer
Aug 10, 2000
AU
Anyone got any good suggestions as to where I can get a decent free editor for X files?

Have you tried DoGA L? It's free and it will traim you to make *.avi's as well. There are several other ones out there and you can find a list of them at the DarkBASIC home page.

Canvas 3D is good, and free for download, look at the Gallery page on
Also its fiddly but Rhino 3D is fantastic once you get the hang of it. You may wan't to get 3D Exploration as well, its a great converter/viewer, this can handle most common 3D file formats (inc Rhino3D and Canvas).

Andrew.

MetasequoiaLE is a free and easy to use/learn editor that can export the objects in .x file format. No animations tough...

I use it still, it's very easy to use in my opinion.
Canvas 3D may be the best, as it contains animation but, the modelling side isn't the best there is. And it seems to be a slow(?) program...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back