Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wyse Thin Client WT9450xe Factory Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrB0b

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2011
US
Hello all,
Curious if anyone has had any experience with these thin clients. I found out one of my thin clients has contracted a virus via a USB drive and want to factory restore it if possible. Ive looked everywhere for a manual on how to do it but cannot find anything good. The closest Ive found was to hold or tap the "G" key, neither worked. I also tried running virus scans via a thumb drive but even the smallest ones error out with "not enough memory to support." Anyone know of a good virus scanner on XP embedded or know how to factory reset one of these????

Thanks again!

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

you will need to create a USB stick to image it using the software from here. Use Wyse Device Manager with these devices and WSI to recover. You basically have to flash the firmware.

Was hoping to avoid doing it that way but I guess there isnt much of a choice. I will give it a shot this way and report back. Thanks again.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

WDM errors on install on my PC and WSI is obsolete in Wyse's eyes so no download available. They recommend now doing a USB restore and give multiple download options. Unfortunately, my old thin client doesnt play nice and will not boot off of the USB key with the downloaded programs.

Think I have decided to insert a 2.5 IDE drive and load XP and just say the hell with it. Ive been messing with fixing this thing for far too long. Putting more into it than it is worth....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back