Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WWW publishing service won't start after IE6 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

willscarlet

Technical User
Jul 10, 2002
GB
I have NT4 server/SP6a running Exchange Server 5.5. I upgraded the server to Internet Explorer 6 and since then the World Wide Web Publishing Service and FTP services won't start. Service fails with Error: 0126 The specified module could not be found.

I went to MS KB for advice and found one similar problem for which it said to re-install the last service pack. I re-applied SP6a but to no avail.

Has anybody else had this happen?

And is there a cure?

PS I inherited this server and can't see any reason for it to run IIS except maybe it is needed to run Proxy Server 2.

My main concern is that when applying SP4 to Exchange 5.5 it failed to restart the Serv and said the update was incomplete, so has the SP been applied properly or not?

One reason for running IIS on an exchange server is for OWA.
I had a similar problem installing ExchSP4, if it said it was incomplete, than it probably wasn't applied properly. The second attempt worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back