Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WWW Log File Analysis (Again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhaywood

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2002
GB
Hi all,

Sorry to be a pain and probably re-visit old ground but I need some assistance with log files/reporting from ISA2K

Having looked at the built in reports and a couple of 3rd party analysis software I still haven't found the low level of analysis I'm after.
Basically I'm looking to report on what a user actually requests rather than all the extras behind the request. For instance if a user types in then I just want to see that 'actual' request, the username and the time it was made without having to try and deal with the 30 other requests for images, css sheets, etc. What I'm looking to do is see what the user types in to the address bar or links that they click. If you compare an ISA report with its 10 variations of mt1.google.co.uk, mt2.google.co.uk, etc, etc... to the IE7 history within the browser there's a big difference. As I'm looking to monitor the use of the internet I want to know only what our users are requesting and none of the automatic requirements for downloading jpgs, gifs, etc., when they are requesting it and how many times. Having looked through the fields available for monitoring I can't see anyway of filtering out everything but the initial request for a page.

I hope that makes a bit of sense and also that someone may be able to point me in the right direction.

Cheers,
Duncan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back