Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wwf.com naviagation bar 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBell99

Programmer
May 28, 2001
US
Can someone please tell me how to make a navigation bar like the one on ? They use an image as the NavBar, but when you roll over a perticular hot spot, then menu drops down. It would be nice if someone could tell me how to do this or show me a good example to downlaod from somewhere, becuase i have no idea how to do "show, hide" or JavaScript menus.

I Really love all you guys for helping me! All of your work that has been a help to me will be acknowledged in the final version of my website, becuase i would never even be as far as i am with it now without the support of everyone here. Jeremy Bell -
Webmaster of

When i tried i could not access this wwf site, but do you mean drop down menus such as they have at
If so then the easiest way to produce an effect like this is to use Macromedia Fireworks 4 (earlier versions don't have it) and insert a hotspot on your image and then use the add popup menu command, and fireworks takes you through constructing such menu.

If you don't have fireworks, then have a look at a site I have been playing with recently and look at the Services and Company menus and see if this is what you want. You might be able to work out from the HTML what you need.

Failing that post your requirements and your email address and i could knock up a menu in fireworks - it doesnt take long, and post it to you to include in your web page.

Stuart

Check out -- they have some nice DHTML menus there, as well....

others:
penny.gif
penny.gif

Hey Stuartp! Your website is really cool, I didn't know that I could make menus in Macromedia Fireworks, so to make my job easier I just purchased it as a download from the Macromedia website and I am very pleased, I have alreay made a very nice navigation bar for my website. Thanks for the offer too! Jeremy Bell -
Webmaster of

Hello StuartP
I know this is irrelevant to this thread, but I noticed the homepage.ntlworld site. I also have an NTL homepage and was trying to put A-forum onto it but it wouldn't activate. Do you know if NTL stop this kind of script thing?
Apologies to Jbell99 for using this thread but I couldn't get stuarts email addy.

Thanks in advance.

Most sites that provide free hosting such as NTL do not allow people to use complex CGI scripts of the kind used in forums. I do not know whether this is the case with NTL or not, but it may well be.

If you want to use features such as this you will need wither paid-for web space or else use a service such as Bravenet (
Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back