Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WUS and IE8

Status
Not open for further replies.

timroop

IS-IT--Management
Dec 20, 2004
US
I accepted IE8 and it's updates for install to our workstation group. We then found that IE8 didn't like one of the main websites (bank) used by our accounting dept.

I have since created a NoIE8 group and moved the appropriate computers into it. I then set all of the IE8 updates to be marked 'approved for removal'. Then I uninstalled IE8 from the systems.

However, IE8 is still being reinstalled. When the users come in and boot up in the morning there is a 20-30 minute delay and they are then prompted to reboot as an update has been loaded. They get no prompt to approve the install, just the reboot notice.

Two of the computers have a last status report date/time after I made the group changes. I would expect them to not have IE8. The ones that have not checked in with the WUS I can accept (maybe).

What do I need to set to have IE8 not be installed on these workstations?

Thank you.

Tim

Tim Roop
"If you can do something about it, why waste time getting upset? If you can't do anything about it, why bother getting upset on top of it? -Shantideva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back