Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wuftpd on AIX 5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambock

Programmer
Oct 26, 2005
US
I know what your saying...why are you using ftp when scp is so readily available. Well, let's just say it's politics. Anyway, today we rebooted our system and have noticed a problem with ftp clients listing contents when connected to the ftp service. If running a "dir" from the command line or listing contents in a GUI client we get the following error:

550 /bin/ls -lgA : Not enough space.

The service allows for the transferring of files without a problem and there is sufficient disk space on the system. I've tried listing (dir) on directories that have a minimal number of files with the same result. Also, I double checked the configuration files and the binaries, and they have timestamps that are reasonable with when the ftp services were installed.

Any thoughts on this would be great.

Thanks,
Ethan

One more thing...I've triple checked file system utilization with df and haven't seen anything obvious.

Thanks again,
Ethan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back