Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WSUS - MS Office Updates - EULA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSChris

IS-IT--Management
Dec 1, 2004
US
We have been performing MS Office Updates using WSUS. The updates work well, however we are running into a problem.

After the update is performed, the 1st time the user opens an Office program it asks them to accept the EULA. Since they are not Machine administrators, it lets them accept the EULA, but they must continue to accept it each time they open a MS Office program.

Is there any way around this, Group Policy?, or any other way to avoid the EULA?

Thank You.

How did you get WSUS to download the update for office? Anytime I try to do it, I get this error:

Error: This update cannot be approved for installation because its End User License Agreement (EULA) failed to download. Click Retry download from the update tasks to retry.

runlikeanantelope: If you can syncronize correctly but not pull down the EULA, I suspect you're using a proxy server to sync. The only way I could get the EULA to come down is if you don't use proxy. =/

SSChris: I have not had that problem but have a similar setup. I will attempt to duplicate it.

I have the Office 2003 SP2 revision that was released on 10/21. I set it to Detect Only. 90% of our 500 clients are Office SP1, however, WSUS is reporting that only 5 computers need SP2 and all others are not needed

Any ideas?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back