Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WSUS error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madbull

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2005
BE
Hi all,

Don't know if it is the correct place to talk about this but i haven't found a WSUS topic so i post this under server 2003.
I have WSUS installed on a server 2003.It has been running fine for several month and since last week,for no apparent reasons,i cannot access the admin page via internet explorer..It says it cannot connect to the database,that i dont have the privilege.
I use my local/admin account wich has all the rights granted on the susdb.
Other thing ,on the local computer,i have an SQL ODBC connection set up with the admin login and it connects successfully to the database...
This is strange,i don't see from where the problem is coming from so if anyone has had that problem,a little hint would be nice.

Thanks

Thanks i will do that but could you be more precise?
Is there a specific parameter that i should check.I agree with you that the problem doesn't seem to come from the sql server since my odbc connection runs fine

look at the virtual directory for WSUS and see how security is setup. I don't have access to a WSUS server at the moment, but belive you need to have NT Authentication checked.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back