Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WSUS database location

Status
Not open for further replies.

disturbedone

Vendor
Sep 28, 2006
AU
I've taken over a site where we have WSUS3.0 on a W2K3R2SP2-32bit server. We also have a W2K3R2-64bit server that has SQL2K5 installed which hosts our VMware vCenter database and some DBs for other applications. The disk is running out of space so I'm looking at what is actually used on the SQl server and what can be deleted.

I have databases called SUSDB, SMS_MYCOMPANY and SMS_CAPELLA. How can I confirm that the SUS_DB one is for WSUS? I can't find anywhere on the WSUS server where it says where the database is located. All the info I can find online is about how to configure it when setting it up initially. I believe the other DBs (SMS_) are old and no longer used.

Does anyone know how to confirm this from within the WSUS server?

Not from within WSUS, look at the actual file in x:\wsus\updateservicesdbfiles\susdb.mdf, run a sync in WSUS and see if the date modified changes, this will confirm it is the database in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back