Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WSS Sharepoint Login problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2001
US
I installed Windows Sharepoint Services 2.0 on my WINDOWS 2003 Server. I do not have SQL running on the sever so I let the package install the WMSDE.

Now I can not log into the Sharepoint Central Administration. I follow Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 832769 and restarted IIS and still nothing.

Since I running OWA on this server, I need to make the changes in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 823265 to get OWA to work properly. Since I can't seem to sign on to Sharepoint Central; it is a real BUMMER

I had to add myself as a user to the Sharepoint Central Admin. Why does Sharepoint not use the Active directory

Hello...

To use active directory, you would have to install SharePoint in Server Farm mode, and then hook up your databases afterwards. As I see from your post, you installed the WMSDE database, which would have defaulted you to the standard account mode. When you install in Server Farm mode, while connecting to the databses, one of the options is to use Active Directory accounts. So unfortunatly you can not change it now with out a reinstall, but I figured I would share the info anyways.

Hope that helps!

DJCordel; thanks for the information; since we are in test mode; I can delete WSS and reinstall WSS with SQL2000. We have just ONE server as our production server so I hope that the Server Fram Mode will work in that environment.

Once in server farm mode; will it use active directory consistently??

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back