Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WSS 2382 ap 2332 not getting image

Status
Not open for further replies.

antech

Technical User
Feb 15, 2011
Hi

I have a WSS 2382 with 128 2332-A5 APs.The APs are distributed in 25 floors 6 Aps each.I have configured all APs as auto the problem is the APs in 2 floors are not getting an image.I connect my laptop to these ports i get an ip from the DHCP server in the WSS.But i connect an AP it cannot boot.I get an error so and so AP error state was booting.I tried locking the APs still the same.I upgraded the switch in these floors still no use.When i connect these aps in other floors it works properly.

I really need some help.

Are the APs on the same VLAN on all floors? If not, do you have the name/IP of the WSS in DNS so the APs can find the controller?

yes the aps are on the same vlan in all floors..i ll give the dns n try..but y is it that around 90 aps are working fine and only 25 have this problem..tat too i get ip on my laptop from the controller on these non working floors..

If the problem follows the switches on those floors I'd suspect an uplink or ACL sort of issue. You could swap switches with a unit that works to narrow it to the uplink or switch config... what kind of switches are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back