Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WSID only sometimes gets updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonS100

Programmer
Dec 4, 2001
US
Hello, I have an Access 2003 application using SQL authentication to access SQL Server 2000. I connect though linked tables and ADO. I'm trying to set
the Workstation parameter to the current user. It doesn't seem to update correctly. I've gotten a value to go into the setting but then it seems to stick. I'll update the connectionstring to have a different name for the Workstation ID (WSID) but the value that shows in the process section doesn't change. I then noticied that after a dozen times trying the value finally updated.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Don

Are you updating that value through a program or through SQL Server itself?

If the former, it could be a permissions issue. Whatever login the ODBC / Linked Tables is using might not have permissions to update that particular value in the database.

If the later, it still might be a permissions thing unless you're able to do it with other values and just not that particular one. In which case, it could be an invalid value type (like a SQL reserved keyword or something).

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"No, no. Yes. No, I tried that. Yes, both ways. No, I don't know. No again. Are there any more questions?"
-- Xena, "Been There, Done That"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back