Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WSH and popup messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonITFella

IS-IT--Management
Jun 4, 2004
US
Okay VBScript gurus, another quandry for you. I have a login script that runs and gives popup confirmation messages on successful drive mappings. What I would like to know is does WSH allow you to block the popup windows at the workstation level? I want the users to get the login script, but I want to be able to shut off the popup confirmations on a workstation by workstation basis.

If the script uses the MsgBox function, then you will always get popups. If however the script is written to use WScript.Echo, thenit will only cause popups if it is run using WScript.exe. If it is run with CScript.exe, then all of the output will be to the command prompt.

[red]"... isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway?! I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you are good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick[/red]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back