Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WS6 RES will not start Error with Client Trust Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipmotley

Technical User
Jun 21, 2018
US
Hello, I am adding the first WS610 to our 3700 RES 5.6 MR3 network. It was staged by factory resetting the BIOS and CAL completed without issue. I have up-to-date MDSHost files on the server and workstations, but RES will not load.

When the new client is rebooted I receive a green light on MDSHost but fails at "Client Trust Utility" with error "Restart a trusted client and accept auto discovery mode or click OK to enter the passphrase." Meanwhile, the Database manager is in "Active Discovery Mode" the entire time. I tested with the Server and Workstations Firewalls off --- No luck. Back at the server, the workstation shows up in control panel and licensing looks Ok. Strange that the 3700d.log has no messages that this workstation has tried to connect. I double checked the IP address and was able to ping the server. Has anyone run into this issue? Thanks

IMG_4484_zscdwt.jpg

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=70f04477-bc92-4a40-8ebe-06a5e81824dd&file=IMG_4484.jpg
From the Database Manager put it on Auto discovery mode and set the time to 30-40 min depending on how many workstations you have to CAL

Or do what it says and click ok and enter the passphrase manually

Thanks everyone, but I am receiving the error message with Auto Discovery Mode on.
Here are the trouble shooting steps:
> connect to the server and the WS14
> WS14 is a brand new 610 workstation and the customer tried to CAL the WS and stuck with Client trust utility on the ops screen.
> MCP is 5.6.0.0, all the WS are 5A and its running fine, but when they connect to a new 610 workstation and completed the CAL but the OPS is stuck on client trust utility
> active discovery mode on the server but no luck
> recreate the MDShost and restart the server and the WS14 still same issue
> ping from server(192.168.1.1) to WS (192.168.1.114) and WS to server > ping work fine
> reCAL the workstation multiple time but still stuck on client trust utility
> cleared the registry and run CAL again, but still issue exist

Any suggestions why Auto Discovery Mode will not recognize this terminal?

1) Add the passphrase manually.
2) Is the workstation licensed correctly?
3) Do a clean wipe of the workstation from the BIOS and start again

Could you remove the internet access?

Remove Internet Access, reboot twice and now Enable Auto Discovery Mode on Database Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back