Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WRT54G to BEFW11S4 wirelessly

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKPeus

MIS
May 11, 2005
US
We have internet coming in through the Linksys WRT54G router. I was wondering how i can get my Linksys BEFW11S4 router to connect to the WRT54G giving the workstations connected to it internet access. I don't care about being on the same network or having wireless from the BEFW11S4 router. Just need a temporary solution.

Hi,

I assume that the WRT54G has an IP address of 192.168.1.100,right?Try do the following:

1. Plug one computer straight to the BEFW11S4 to any of the regular ports.
- PC --->port 1
2. Check the IP address
- for XP/2000
-Start>Run>cmd then Enter
-Type in ipconfig>Enter
-The IP address should be '192.168.1.100'
-Open your Internet Explorer,and type in
-Leave the Username blank and the Password is
admin(all in lower case).
-Change the LAN IP Address from 192.168.1.1 to
192.168.1.2,Disable the DHCP and Hit the Save
Settings.Your window might display 'Page Cannot be Displayed' or you will be back on the same screen using the New IP Address you set on the router.

If 'Page cannot be Displayed',just unplug the power of the router for about a minute.Then power it back up.

Check the IP address again:
Check the IP address
- for XP/2000
-Start>Run>cmd then Enter
-Type in ipconfig>Enter
-The IP address should be '192.168.1.100'
-Open your Internet Explorer,and type in
-Leave the Username blank and the Password is
admin(all in lower case).

Once you get on the router Screen,go to the Administration Page and Disable the NAT and Save Settings.That's it!

Now you are ready to connect the BEFW11S4 straight to the WRT54G.

Connect the first end of the Ethernet Cable to Port 4 of the WRT54G and the other end will be connected to the Port 1 of the BEFW11S4.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back