Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WRT54G No internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacherokee

Technical User
Feb 3, 2006
So I have had this router for what seems like forever. It always worked perfect. I recently upgraded the firmware to version 4.21.1. Everything appeared to go okay, but I have been having intermittent problems with internet access. I defaulted the router and that seemed to fix my problems... Until last night. I have no internet and nothing I do helps... I have defaulted it again but I am not even getting an address from my ISP. Now to answer the obvious question... Yes, when I plug the cable modem directly into my PC I get an address from my ISP, when I plug the cable modem into my Vonage router I get an address and my phone works again. Is there an issue with this firmware version? Or Did I do something wrong.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Did you try to login to the router before defaulting it? That may have provided you with some valuable info about what the router was doing!

Can you login currently login to the router?

What status do the LEDs provide? Is the DIAG LED lit?

Have you read the manual and followed any of the troubleshooting suggestions?

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back