Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wrong time showing on backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

avfc

Technical User
Mar 24, 2004
GB
I wondered if you could help again. On the backup exec server, if I click any server and look at the backups the times for the backups are incorrect. IE a backup starts at 02:00am, which is correct but in the server view it shows that the backup actually started at 01:00am which is incorrect!

Any suggestions

TIA

avfc,

Are all of the servers in the same time zone? Are all of the servers set to automatically adjust the clock for daylight savings time?

John

I get the same on my email notifications with 9.1 - to be honest, it doesn't really bother me that much, at least I'm aware that the problem is there. I think BE must have it's own internal clock...

Did you see the job actually start at 0200? I have 'watched' both my BE (8.6 and 9) servers, and the Start time for backup jobs seems to be more of an estimated time. The jobs seem to run within a window around the time I request the job to run. It usually 'hits' the time I request, but I have seen it an hour earlier and an hour later.

-SQLBill

I have the same problem. My BE 9.0 and 9.1 servers all show 11:00 pm backups due to start at 10:00 pm. The schedule details all show 11:00 pm. The backups seem to run at the correct time, but it is annoying! Rebooting did not fix the problem.

This is due to Daylight Savings Time. If the time on the system (control panel) is correct and you have the checkmark next to adjust for daylight saving time all you have to do is open the job and click on submit. No changes are needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back