Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

'Wrong property setting' message in query 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

combo

Technical User
Jan 1, 2003
PL
Scenario, Access 2016:

I have an intermediate query that combines required data, with ~50 kRecords in output. It runs without problem. This query is used as input in two other queries, one with more details, ~100 records, and the second, a copy of the first one and removal of two aggregation fields, ~15 records.

The first query runs fine.

When I run the second query, an ok only info message is displayed stating that for this property setting set is improper, to see proper setting of this property find name of this property in help index. No info about name of the property the message refers to. When I click 'ok', I get required aggregation displayed.
It happens only for fresh run from navigator, after processing data (takes few seconds), but before displaying the result. If I change a view from datasheet to design and back to datasheet, the message is not displayed.

Query syntax:
[tt]SELECT A, B, C, Count(A) AS Calc_1, Sum(D) AS Calc_2
FROM qQueryName
GROUP BY A, B, C;[/tt]

What's wrong here?

combo

I would copy the SQL of all queries to notepad and recreate them to see if the issue exists.

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Thanks, works!

I made a copy of database and deleted the two queries (intermediate and output), next copied sqls from archived database to fresh queries. I compared properties in the two suspicious queries, global and for fields between the two databases, there were slight differences, but even after adjusting settings in old database and compacting, the message remained. Strange.

combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back