Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wrong Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeyer56

IS-IT--Management
Oct 16, 2002
US
I recently had an issue pop-up in Citrix MF 1.8 sp3 on Windows 2000. A client(mine) no longer autocreates the correct client printers even though all config setting i see say it should. Instead it creates a printer that was installed on my computer a long time ago and is no longer here. The server is rebooted nightly.

Any ideas?

Have you tried to delete and recreate the profile for the user who is having problems? It sounds like a stuck setting--if you'll pardon my uber-tech term :)

lb63640[smile]

I saw this once before, and it was the profile that was corrupted. as stated above.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Deleted profile and still have the same issue.

Is there still a queue created on Citrix server when you connect ?

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Does this old printer have some software still installed on your pc? I've seen it happen before when Lexmark optra printers are just deleted from the printers and faxes panel instead of using the add/remove programs to remove the printer. Kind of a shot in the dark but may be worth trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back