Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wrong number sometimes from Analog sets on a Magix

Status
Not open for further replies.

samelbe

Technical User
Dec 10, 2003
US

The problem is that when dialing a number from an Analog telsets sometimes the call goes through and sometimes you get the message "that number can't be called" in a male voice or something like that from Verizon. I TESTED ALL OF THE ANALOG TELSETS AND THEY ALL PASTED THE DIALPAD TEST. NO ERRORS SHOW UP.
I DID A FRIDGE START AND STILL COULD NOT SEE TTR 45 TO 50.

I AM OUT OF TRICKS!

TTR - How many TTRs are there in this Magix with these cards? Only 44 can be tested, the last 6 just ding when entered. Is there a MAX number seen by the Processor?

1st Cab
CKE5 0TTR
024TDL 8TTR 1 to 8
024TDL 8TTR 9 to 16
024TDL 8TTR 17 to 24
016T/R 4TTR 25 to 28
100DCD 0TTR
2nd Cab
024TDL 8TTR 29 to 36
412TDL 4TTR 37 to 40
100DCD 0TTR
024TDL 8TTR 41 to 44
016T/R Should be 45 to 48 but does not show up on TTR test
MM 8Port Should be 49 to 50 but does not show up on TTR test

Any ideas would be appreciated

I don't find any reference to the maximum number of TTR's available on the system, and your numbers look good.

You can view the status of a TTR in Maintenance, Menu > Maintenance > Port > TTR (TTR No.) > Enter > Status

You can also busy them out or restore them through Maintenance. Check the status of 45 through 50 to see if they are in service.

Have a look at the Maintenance manual, which gives the guidelines for the number of receivers needed, perhaps manually busy out some of yours, and see if the system performs better.

The one thing I did not mention was that the 016T/R card in the 1st CAB was a 617F34, #700285737. I did not pull the card and check it for a jumper or number, it TTR TEST OK. It has been in the switch since day one and this probelm rose it ugly head after Verizon did a office cutover to different equipment.

This could be a VERIZON issue with the SPEED, or DURATION of the touch tones the system is sending. Of course, I would think that would be tied to SPEED DIAL NUMBERS, or PRI routed numbers. Just for grins, I'd do a BOARD RENUMBER. But I've seen so many things that once the Carrier changes something, our switch starts to fail.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

When I look at the last 024TDL card it only has 4 TTR instead of the usual 8 TTR. I don't know why only 4 showed up and none can be tested beyond #44 TTR.
That is why I think there may be a limit of TTR that can be seen and tested in a Magix. I went to a 3 cabinet Legend and there wasn't a test for TTRs; if there is a way I haven't found it yet in WINSPM R9.

Going back tonight and try a Re-number. Verizon isn't much help when ask to trap the T1/PRI for DTMF/Number errors

If the analog sets have hands free speakers and a microphone, could there be some sort of interference that is causing calls to fail?

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

There could be something here. The problem is noticed on Plantronic Conference Rm phones. If I use my Butt-Set in the Phone Rm and plug it into the 016 T/R card and speed dial a test number - no failures even when on the same port as the Conf Rm phone. I will check into this Thank to all who replied to my question

Right now, I have put the first TTr on each card on MB and all of the TTRs on the suspected bad 016T/R card

I have had this exact problem with a Magix in the past and conference phones. You can solve it by putting the call on mute prior to dialing the number out. A little bit of a hassle, but it works. It must be picking up background noise.

Telecomboy, That is a plausible answer to this problem. The Conf Rm phones are the best Plantronic make and maybe just maybe that is the problem. If it worked for you why not me too! I will get back to you with an answer.
Thanks,
Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back