Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wrong GL period for a local machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

QAVUser

MIS
Oct 5, 2015
US
Hi - I hope this forum can help me. We use a Quick Aviation software that shows Visionpoint Ver 10.00 when you log in. On the Help screen it shows SBT Corp. Screen shots of SBT / Accac look like Quick Aviation screens. Internet searches point Visionpoint to SBT / Accpac so that is why I am here.
-- I have a local machine that when you log in to Quick Aviation it shows the GL period as 08. All users on this local pc show period 08 even though they are period 09 on their own machine. Using her login to the software on my machine shows period 09. Using my login to the software shows period 09 I have searched for a commonality on her local pc to my pc but can not find the issue. I have renamed her computer and changed her IP address hoping to trigger a different profile or something when I log in. I have deleted local c:\Temp and c:\tmp files as well as c:\Windows\Temp files. Nothing has worked so far. Can anyone point me to maybe a .dbf that stores GL period information on a specific machine that I can update. I don't know FoxPro but can follow instructions :). Any help would be awesome. Thank you.

Did not figure this out. Any user login to this machine resulted in period 08. Blew out the machine and reinstalled OS. Problem solved but would like to have known what caused it. Moving on...

Sounds like you have SBT VisionPoint 10.0 which one of your predecessors customized to such an extent that he felt like renaming it "Quick Aviation." This sort of thing was quite common. SBT came with a source code license. Users and their reseller consultants often customized SBT to satisfy unusual business requirements. Often the customizations became so large, the "character" of the SBT software changed to be more like the cusotomizations than SBT. But make no mistake. You have an SBT VisionPoint 10.0 system.

In VisionPoint, the period number is maintained, for each company, by the General Ledger module. Your operating system has nothing to do with this. If you use SBT VisionPoint for payroll, the Payroll module maintains quarters for periods. But the period lives in the GL module. When you close the GL module, the period number advances. When you close the year in the GL module, the period is reset to 1 for the new fiscal year.

If you see different periods on different workstations, I think you might be looking at different operating companies in SBT. I cannot think of any other reason why you would see different periods in SBT. But do you have two or more operating companies in SBT?

Matthew Lefkowitz
Lefkowitz Systems, Inc.

Hi Matthew,
Thank you for the response. We only have one company configured within SBT Vision Point 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back