Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WRK54G

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneTechMan

Programmer
Jun 4, 2002
US
Can a WRK54G be configured as an access point?

it is a access point...a router.. where do you want to connect that device??tell me your network setup.. tnx

Let me be more specific, I'd like to use it to extend my network to provide better coverage throughout my home.

It can, yes...I like the Cisco Aeronet myself...you would just need one of those.

Burt

cascade that one if you have other router.. so you can have more than 2 networks..just change ip address from the router.

We have a Linksys WAP54G wireless access point running on two different floors (6th and 7th floors) and they both as of a month or so ago started dropping the connection for 10 seconds to 2 minutes around the same times. For example a wireless user would have a good connection, start to see their signal strength degrade and then poof gone. Then if the user looked for available networks they would see the other floors access point and then a few seconds to a couple of minutes their floors access point would return with full strength. The user's will maintain connection for a few minutes with a couple interruptions happen together or they will stay connected for an hour or two without a problem. The 7th floors access point is in our server room and the 6th floor's AP is on a wall in the cube farm. These offices are fairly small with only 1-5 people connected wirelessly at one time. I've played with changing their channels, moving them around and reseting them.

A little knowledge is dangerous.

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention when I posted. Feel free to delete this response.

A little knowledge is dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.