Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Writing to Password Protected Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

LookingBeyond99

Programmer
Jul 2, 2001
US
This question is basically the same as PerlCoders but I wanted to get more in depth. I wrote a simple CGI program that output data to various HTML pages due to category chosen by the user. This works perfectly except when the data has to be written to a webpage that is behind a simple password folder. I have the password to this folder but simply dont know the code so I can access that folder and then write to that document. I hope that makes it clear.

So I basically want to know how I can let the program access that folder so I can print out to the webpage.

Thanks for the help and I will clarify anything that is not clear.

really, that's a filesystem level access you're attempting, and the win2000 filesystem is a mystery (to me). somewhere in the api that win2000 has, there will be the functions to do this (well, should be), and the perl module Win32::API should have the methods for envoking this. windows' lack of POSIX compliance really makes working with it hard...

one other possibility, if there is a way to access these password protected files from a command line (using some string of commands), you can much more easily duplicate this from within perl, just making system calls.

sorry i can't help any more. you might also try the win2000 forum, although more apporpriate would be a win2000 developer's forum (not sure, maybe one exists).

good luck. "If you think you're too small to make a difference, try spending a night in a closed tent with a mosquito."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back