Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Writing Queries???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkrauthamer

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2002
US
Can anyone point me in the direction of a good reference for how to create SMS queries? I am looking for explanation of the various Atributes and Attribute classes.

Mostly I am trying to find out how to create a query showing all systems in one of my Active Directory containers and am unable to figure out what attributes and classes to use.

Thanks,
Bryan Krauthamer

The best reference I have found is in the SMS Operations Guide found here,
Page 107 - Working with Queries.

What I did was use Enterprise Manager to dig through the various SQL tables/views/fields. I think you'll find more of what you're looking for that way.

You have to do Active Directory System Group Discovery in order for SMS to have Computer Security group and OU information for you to query.

Here is an example query:

select SMS_R_System.ResourceID,SMS_R_System.ResourceType,SMS_R_System.Name,SMS_R_System.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_System.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_System.Client from SMS_R_System where SystemOUName like "%Part of OU Name%"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back