Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Writing new CLID tables 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kainfs

Technical User
Jan 17, 2006
GB
Hi All,

I'd like to create a new CLID table to allow certain DN's to show an alternative number when they make external calls.
However, I don't really know how to create new tables to achieve my objective.
Can anyone provide me with details on how I do this?

Many Thanks

ld 15 chg net, return down to the clid prompt, to prt the clid as built ld 21 prt clid

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I tried creating a new CLID table (i.e. CLID table 3) in ld 15 but i'm getting a SCH0111 error.(see below)
If I do a return after CLID i get to ISDN. At this point I stopped as I was scared I might erase the existing clid tables.
If I do further carriage returns will a new CLID table be built?

TYPE NET_DATA
CUST 0
OPT
AC2
FNP
CLID 3
sch0111
CLID
ISDN

Hi,

Can anyone please help.
I was messing about with my CLID tables and on the INTL field I entered 0. Previously it didn't have any value.
How do i get rid of this 0. I tried entering 'nul' but this didn't work!

Regards

out that entry, as the clid prompt enter chg or out, to make changes, it works the same as ld 17 adan..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Here's what you do -

>ld 15
REQ: CHG
TYPE: NET_DATA
CUST 0
OPT
AC2
FNP
CLID YES
SIZE
INTL
ENTRY X
Where X is the table you want to change or add

then you can see it in ld 21
>LD 21
REQ: PRT
TYPE: CLID
CUST 0
SIZE
RNGE
INTL

prints tables here.....

Good luck.

You should print the tables first to see which one's you have already.

Req is NEW
TYPE NET_DATA
CUST 0
OPT
AC2
FNP
CLID 3 (YES not 3)
SIZE
INTL
ENTRY X
Where X is the table you want to change or add

Thanks everyone for your great posts.
I finally managed to create my own CLID table.

However, I tried to put an arbitrary number in the HLCL field (e.g.11111111) and did 'key 0 scr {DN} 2' (where 2 is my new CLID table). When I dialled out externally instead of 11111111 appearing my main company number appeared, which is referenced in CLID table 1(??).
Am I allowed to put an arbitrary number in or have I entered the number in the wrong field altogether?

ENTRY 2
HNTN
HLCL 11111111
DIDN YES
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN

Many carriers screen CLID info sent by the customer's PBX. If the number does not match with the carrier's records of the customer's assigned number, it is replaced by the carrier with the main listed number.

Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem. --Vergil

Correct Boberator.

In my case it was some legality issue which stopped me from presenting any number of my choice.
I didn't want to get into the politics of it all so I just accepted it and settled for the carriers number having to be displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back