Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Writing letters

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmurphy58

Technical User
Feb 28, 2003
US
I want to be able to have some sort of database for writing letters. When I write a letter, I want to be able to select off who it is to, and then simply type in the text of the letter.
Also, I want the database to automatically number the letters sequentially. Is there a pre-made access database out there that can do this? I know there are all sorts of programs that can do this, but my company is cheap - I'm hoping I can just create my own using Access.

Thanks,
Dennis

If its mailing, then why not just use the database as it should be used for storing contact names and address, and Word for the letter part, ie mailmerging operation. Might be just my thoughts, see what others say.

I am with you on that. I just read an interesting FAQ on this site about mail merge. I can not find it now, but it is worth a read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back