Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Writing a script to automatically submit a form to the web

Status
Not open for further replies.

symbiotic

Technical User
Jan 17, 2003
GB
I want to be able to write a script that will automatically fill in and submit a form to the web. No, I don't want to write it so I can spam boards like this with random meaningless data. The application I actually have in mind is for automating the submission of trades to my online brokerage.

Is that possible to do with pearl, and if so, how? And if not, what would be a viable alternative?

Thanks,
Symbiotic

Symbiotic,

Sounds like you're looking for arbitrage opportunities ... or just closing out your daily position ... good luck

Best bet is to talk to your brokerage, and see if they have any API's to make calls to.

You don't really have enough information to give a detailed response, but if its requests to a webserver LWP should be the dog. The brokerage house's method of security could bite, and any "improper" use of their facilities could cause them to drop you as a web-enabled client, or even as a client altogether. You'd have to read your terms & conditions to see if its a valid request.

HTH
Paul

It's important in life to always strike a happy medium, so if you see someone with a crystal ball, and a smile on their face ...

Thanks for the advice Paul, I actually figured out how to do it using command line browsers (lynx) in a script.

Symbiotic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back