Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Writing a more efficient web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mavrix

Technical User
Apr 12, 2000
GB
Hi,<br><br>I'd like to learn how to write a more efficient web site by using newer technologies that are out there.<br><br>At the moment - I am resonably proficient with HTML and a little Javascript in my pages, but I'd like to be able to do the following:<br><br>Create a single professional looking HTML template page, then have a pages content 'put in' the template to finish off the page(s).<br><br>From what I've seen so far on the web, Active Server Pages will do this sort of thing.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;However, the so called 'tutorials' I've looked at are a little complex to say the least.<br><br>Is there an alternative, easier to use system?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;And if so, can anyone point me in the direction of easy to follow tutorials / examples?<br><br>Thanks!<br><br><br>Mav.

Dear Mav,<br><br>So your looking for, &quot;The path of least resistance&quot;. <br>Well I always say, &quot;You get what you give&quot;.<br><br>&quot;But, that's just my opinion... I could be wrong&quot;.<br>-pete<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back