Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Writer, Printing arbritary page sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackMH

Programmer
Nov 9, 2001
US
I frequently need to create 'booklets' using 2 pages a sheet and need to print them on both sides of the paper.

The simplest example is a 4 page booklet. The sequence to print is 2,3,4,1. Please don't suggest that I create pages in the document in that sequence since while it is OK, albeit little awkward for this simple case, in others not so, and in others impossible.

By way of example I often need to create two 4 page booklets in a single document, they are identical except for the first page. In the document I create 5 pages, pages 1 & 2 being the differing cover page and pages 3-5 being the common pages, As a result I need to print the first booklet in the sequence 3,4,5,1 and the second in the sequence 3,4,5,2

Using the Print Preview to enable the two pages as 1 row 2 columns and the print icon, the dial;g allows page sequence but it is essentially ignored. I've been struggling with this for months and am currently forces to us MS Word which I would prefer not to do.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jack

Have you tried OOo 3 yet? It might have what you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back