Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Writelog and cls module

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrekBiker

Technical User
Nov 26, 2010
GB

I'd like to be able write log file entries at certain points of a vb project. I'm using Visual Studio Express 2010 and the application includes a clsGeneralFuncs module that defines a writelog instruction; this is used widely in frmMain, which provides the main user interface form amongst other things.

There is also a clsCask object that allows data transfers to and from Access tables. This is the area where I'd like to be able to monitor with log entries but I can't enter a code line starting with general.writelog as it's not an available option.

I'm not familiar with VB projects as my main interest in this is the attached database. Any indicators would be much appreciated.

>I'm using Visual Studio Express 2010

In which case you are not using VB5 or 6, which is what this forum is for. And sadly, despite the similarity in name, the VB in VSE 2010 is not the same language at all ... you want to ask in forum796

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back