Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Write into sage from access

Status
Not open for further replies.

roytheboy

Programmer
Aug 18, 2002
GB
I need ot develop a link form access200 / xp / 2003 into sage line 50 version 11 for example.

to enter new customers from the access db and to update information relating to order values.

I can use ODBC bc sage creates a machine datasource. However it is a read only.

I cant update or add new.

can someone tell me how do i write to the data tables in sage ..

I know it can be done.. But can't find the solution.

thanks in advance.

R

You would need to purchase the ODBC connection files from Sage at a cost of £1500 per annum, these would give you write access to the tables within the application.
The only other way to do this without shelling out a load of cash is to write the transfer data to .csv files and then use the import facility available within the Sage application

Frank J Hill
FHS Services Ltd.
frank@fhsservices.co.uk

Thanks Trend.

I do not about the 1500 per annum sage developer option. We are a reseller now.

It is something we will invest in for the future or the job that really warrants the spend.

FOr now i think i will have to use what i feared.. the csv import :)

and to confirm CAN I import customers / NEW customer/ total order values (money) etc...

thanks

Yes you can import customer data - look at the table structure in Sage and be very careful with entry parameters.
Total orders values need to be carefully constructed as you acnnot have negative values (Credits) and the Customer entry must already exist prior to any attempt at import.
The Sage tables need to be examined very carefully before you begin to ensure that you provide all the data itms required.

Frank J Hill
FHS Services Ltd.
frank@fhsservices.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back