Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

write in XMl Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarbabu

Programmer
Aug 11, 2000
US
can any one suggest me how can i write the content(any)
in the xml format.of course i know that we can write using
io but is there any other way we can create a file in xml format [sig][/sig]

Hi
Well I know how to save data from a database into an xml format.

I believe it's only available if you're using ADO 2.1 & higher

Recordset.Save "filename.xml", adPersistXML

It uses the microsoft-com:rowset schema when saving the XML

If you need to find out how to output content into xml (it has to be structured content otherwise the parser will have a hard time understanding how to save your data) then I suggest you get yourself an xml parser.

Microsoft's XML Parser ships with IE 5. If you don't want or have the MS Parser then you can search the more parsers(XML SPY is good).
You have to remember that structured data or hierarchical data can be parsed. I doubt that data that has no obvious structure can be parsed by any xml parser.

The bottom line is If you have data in a certain format then you going to have to write your own parser that reads your file & outputs XML tags.

It's up to you to write it in a generic fashion that allows it to be re-usable for all your future projects.
Rather do the hard work now in the beginning & reap the benefits in your future projects.

Hope this helps :cool:
caf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back