Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Write frames to a video file

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlhawkins

Programmer
Dec 28, 2000
US
Hey,

I've been searching google for hours and the only references to writing a video file are from 2004 using .NET 1.1
Is there a new, simpler way of outputting frames to a video file. I don't really care what kind of video file it ends up being. I just want it to write smoothly enough that I can record from a webcam at a frame rate that I choose.

Thanks in advance

Travis Hawkins
jobs.bestcodingpractices.com

Any luck figuring this out. Looks like all MS libraries for this (DirectX/DirectShow/Media Framework) don't support managed code. There seem to be other alternatives EMGU with openCV but I was hoping to use MS with less dependancies. Why is this so challenging?

Thanks,
Asa

WPF treats animations as a first class object. Maybe this could provide a solution for your situation. WPF was introduced as an add-on to .net 3.5 and incorporated into the BCL in 4.0. So you would need to update and migrate the application to take advantage of this feature.

Jason Meckley
Programmer

faq855-7190
faq732-7259

I think jmeckley's idea is worth a shot. We never did find a solution that would work for us and ended up taking the project in a completely different direction.

If anyone ever does find a good solution to this problem it would be great to have a link here so we can reference it.

Travis Hawkins
jobs.bestcodingpractices.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back