Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Write Conflict inserting record through ODBC to SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

GammelNok

Programmer
Jun 21, 2002
US
I am trying to insert a record in ODBC Linked Table through Code from Access 2000 front end using ADO.
No relationships exist and I have full rights on the table.
Each time I succeed in creating the record, but on editing the record, I get a write conflict.
I have tried uing an append query instead, but the Write conflict persists.
I can not delete the record through Access, but have to delete it from SQL Server
Any ideas anyone?
Regards
Hans

Hans:

Although I don't work a lot with an SQL backend db, it seems curious to me that you are having this problem. When you say you have full rights to the table, do you mean you have rights at the Access frontend level? Or do you mean you have full rights to the SQL backend database and the server it resides on?

From your explanation, it would appear as though you have Write rights to the SQL db, but not Modify or Delete rights.

As I said, I don't often work with SQL databases, so I could be way off base here.

HTH,

Vic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back