Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wrapping Text on a Object

Status
Not open for further replies.

unquity

Technical User
Mar 16, 2009
US
Hello,

I am doing some product illustrations using Illustrator CS3. I need to wrap text around a bottle and a can. I've tried using warp effects and shearing and
anything else I could think of, and sadly it isn't adequate. Does anyone know a tried a true method for this kind of thing? Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Object > Text Wrap. Your path you assign your wrap to needs to be brought to front and your text needs to be in a bound box (drawing a box with the text tool). All elements need to be on the same layer as well. Hope that helps.

...object > text wrap is for wrapping text around an object, a 2D object, for example a picture knocking a whole in a paragraph of text so the text runs around the outside of the image...

...for 3D you will want to try the object > envelope distort > make with top object, then adjust the envelope to bend the text around as best you can with the direct select tool and the handles...

andrew

..another option is to:

...type your text and create a symbol of the text (drag to symbols palette)...

...utilize the effect > 3D > revolve and match up the size, angle of your can and bottle where you want the text the wrap...

...in the £d revolve option you have the option to "Map Art", select the front side (side 3) and choose the text symbol from the drop down menu, size to fit...

...with 3D object selected, choose object > expand...

...then searcg through the layers palette for the text effect and place that on its own layer, delete the remainder of the 3D object...

andrew

...sorry...

..."£d", was meant to say '3D" in my post above...

andrew

...forgot to add that to create a cylinder you need to have a rectangle, then choose the 3D revolve effect under the effects menu...

andew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back