Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WPDOMAIN.DB Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

NullOp

Programmer
Jan 2, 2004
US
C1 will not open the domain database. I point to the location of the database but it will not open. By what i've read, I believe the database is trashed. As our consultant has not/will not answer emails this problem has gone on for a while. Our GW system has one primany domain with no secondary domains. Suggestions on how to proceed are welcome. We are running NW6.5 SP4, GW 6.5.

"Life Is Good!

Time for a new consultant? ;)

Do you have a drive physically mapped to the same volume where the domain file is at? I've seen that prevent from attaching to the DB file.

Have you tried rebuilding or recovering it? Can you find a backup copy anywhere? Maybe in the salvage?

For future reference, it's best to have at least 2 domains so that if one goes bad, you can easily recreate it from a secondary.

I wouldn't give up on it just yet.. There are lots of things you can do.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

We're working on the new consultant.

Tried disconnecting the drive I had mapped to the volume with the db on it. No help.

No copy available thrugh salvage. Backups in doubt.

Learned yesterday, through my own efforts, GW should have originally been setup with a second domain. Also learned GW requires some regular maintenance that we didn't know about.

More suggestions?

"Life Is Good!

can you give a bit more info

you have a single server?
running a poa and and mta?
is your mail physically working ?

Terry712,

Yes, we are a single server shop
We are running a poa and an mta
Our mail seems to be physically working at least somewhat

I did find a wpdomain.db from last August. Don't think that will be of much use.

Suggestions?

"Life Is Good!

Actually anything is better than nothing. even last August. I'd have no problem grabbing that and using it.

Still think you ought to be able to fix your regular one. Have you taken it off the server and rebuilt it offline?

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

i would agree in a single system like this . wpdomain really is no biggie

i think you should be able to fix the existing one

pending how much a consultant would cost - it's only abot 400 quid for a call to novell - they would be able to fix no probs or a consultant who can see it - should have no probs fixing

How do I rebuild a wpdomain.db offline?

"Life Is Good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back